Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy National Tequila Week!

Hello Ladies!

It is no secret I love me some Tequila! Margaritas are a must to cool off on a hot summer day. In honor of National Tequila Week, I wanted to share some of my favorite recipes with you! They are simple, not too expensive, and quick to make -- Triple Threat!

First off, the best recipe for a basic margarita is to follow a 3-1-1 ratio. This means 3 parts tequila, 1 part Cointreau (or other such liqueur) and 1 part lime juice…stir or shake! Though that's just the basics of it. I have my three favorite tequila drinks below!

Fresh Raspberry Margarita 

Cinco de Mayo cocktail recipe: Fresh raspberry margarita


Ingredients

        quarter cup fresh ripe raspberries
        2 ounces silver tequila
        1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
        half ounce Cointreau
        half ounce raspberry liqueur
        Lime wheels (duh)

------------------

 Tequila Sunrise
  • 1 ounce Campari
  • 1 ounce sweet red vermouth
  • 1 ounce tequila
Combine all ingredients in a glass with ice, stir to chill! Of course, cherry and orange slice for decor ;-)

Tequila Sunrise cocktail


-----------------------------

Paloma

Hailing from Mexico, the Paloma is one of the most refreshing tequila highballs out there. This is my preferred drink of choice, but I have my own twist to it.

    1 ounce blanco Tequila
    1 ounce grapefruit soda
    Fresh lime juice

I use Squirt, but also fight the acidity with a splash of Cranberry juice. These are all three ingrediants most bars have!

---------------------------

The fact that National Tequila Day fell on a Monday this year didn’t stop Jose Cuervo from celebrating in style. They actually set up three special water fountains in LA to dispense silver tequila, but sadly only for today.

 


Drink safely my friends!

Happiness is a state of being

If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse. Money will not bring you happiness. ...