I did a flawless winter tanning blog post a few months ago, and promised i'd update with a summer tanning post as well - so here it is! We all want that makes your skin look && feel absolutely amazing! It might sound crazy, but you, too, can achieve the most effortless glowing bronze skin, without any bronzers or tanning beds!! I posted some great tips & tricks that will help boost your progress!!
My ALL NATURAL tips:
1. prepping your skin: EXFOLIATE - it is absolutely important to rub away the dead skin cells or any loose, rough skin, and oils before you go out into the sun.
2. never go into the sun with make up on. Tanning salons have Aussie Pads that allow you to wipe all of your make up off prior to bed tanning. Australian Gold typically. However I also am sure to carry wipes in my purse.
3. carotene and caffeine - try these! they enhance tanning and the result will be an even deeper, richer tan! There are a lot of tanning lotions on the market that contain both of these ingredients! You can also get beta-carotene in pill forms, but to be honest, I've never tried those and don't plan to either! A great substitute is to drink carrot juice, you can mix apple, kiwi, any sort of fruit into it if you don't like the taste, it's also nice if you add some ginger too! Carrot's contain carotene which boost and intensify tanning!
4. Glitter! tanning oil/lotion. Trust me it's amazing!
The glitter attracts the sun rays, so your tan will be even better, I guarantee you! In some countries, you can get tanning lotions and oils which already have the glitter in them, but if you can't find any, don't worry! You can just mix your own glitter in it! It's easy as that! I suggest you use fine glitter, almost like powder, and not chunky glitter, because you don't want to look like a pole dancer... Do you?
The glitter will add a gorgeous sparkle to your skin. Not only will it make your tan better, it will also provide you with an instant glow!
5. Cocoa butter works wonders!
6. Tan near the water, or in the water on a float.
If you go in the water every 20 minutes or so, you'll tan much easier! Water reflects and intensifies the sun rays!
7. Wear Sunscreen. The last, but most important one.
If your skin is sensitive, you're fair skinned, or you just want protection against harmful UVB rays, please don't forget to use sunscreen! I personally don't use any, and never have in my life, but that's my personal choice. I've only ever been sunburnt once in my life, thanks to my naturally olive skin. That is why I don't really feel the need to use SPF 50 sunscreens, but I do always encourage everyone to use it though, nobody wants a bad sunburn, which can later of course, lead to more serious problems.