Monday, December 02, 2013

Drug Store Everyday Item Haul xx


 Hello beauty queens !!! since I have been slacking on posting I am determined to get my ass in gear and post all the blogs that have been drafts for months and months. LOL I am on a roll, I already finished four blog posts! see what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it? ;)

So I wanted to share a quick haul of quick, affordable, personal items you can get at your local drugstore. I desperately needed new everyday panties, and every day make up products.
Check them out below !!



I have been having a very hard time finding a good, thick, winter cover up that is not going to make me look pasty or gross.

I bought the Just Face It by Hard Candy because I have used the Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer and fell in love with that product. I am hoping the cover up will be of the same consistency however due to the fact that I have gone through over four different foundations and have not been fully happy with any of them-- I am not counting on it.


Has any one used this foundation?
 
EDIT:
Now that I have tried each and every product, i will share my review.
Just Fact It by Hard Candy: Only thing I liked about this product is that it provided great coverage. However, the strangest thing is these little flakes of what looks to be plastic were all over my face after application. It doesn't make my skin break out, but it does last all day. this foundation does NOT work well with contouring/blending. Any blending at all, it also dries really quickly. I used the medium (363) shade.

I tried the Revlon Photo Ready Airbrush Foundation, and was not happy with it at all. I knew it was going to be a light consistency -- just not THAT light. I felt like I got barely any coverage. It's greasy, dispenses only huge amounts at a time, doesnt stay on, and again, the coverage is poor! 
I will NOT be repurchasing this product.

The Loreal True Match Natural Powder is one of my all time favorite holy grail products in which i have reviewed before. nothing bad to say about that product other than I wish the brush was softer :)
my shade is natural beige 
 

Wal-Mart panties are actually some of my favorite panties to wear. LOL It is hard to believe, but they fit nicely, last a long time, and some can be very sexy and sultry ;) They are only like $2.99 each so I always buy 5-10 pairs at a time. I bought 7 pairs above, along with No Nonsense 6 pack of white and black socks.



Two new mascaras
One is the Loreal Telescopic which is a very comb like brush to add length to your lashes.  This mascara barely clumps, the brush is  ideal for lengthening. One thing I would note is that if you were looking for a lot of volume in your lashes, this mascara won't give you volume. That is why I also use ....
The other Maybelline falsies mascar! THIS mascara is the volume queen bee. LOL it applies evenly, does not clump, and is a perfect combo with the lorel telescopic. Only negative about both is that it is very hard to remove them at night time. 

Three new lip glosses!!
Rimmel London Show Off Lacquer -- Shade: Light Year. this gloss is super pigmented, very glossy, and i found myself wiping the outside of my lips every five minutes because it just did NOT want to stay ON my lips. Perhaps it would work better going over a lipstick so it has something to latch onto. Besides that, the color is gorgeous!

Lip infallible and Loreal Truffle are two simple glosses I use for every day events.




Two new lipsticks !! 

Maybelline Super Stay 14hr matte lipstick in Beige Foregood -- this is one of my holy grail products. Be sure to exfoliate your lips prior to any matte lip products as if not, your lips will look gross. I love the conveniant little container, they have great color selection-- long lasting, and very true to color. Only con would be some of the colors I like have shimmer in them and others do not. I wish they had it all universally the same with or without shimmer, as I dont like the shimmer part. Drying Shimmer doesnt feel right.


Revlon Color Burst Lip in Creme Brulee -- LOVE this lipstick. it is a nude & cafe mocha mixed in one topped with shimmer. you get a decent color pay off and it does moisturize. But I have very dry lips from having bad allergies, therefore this product will emphasis them when worn alone. I tried applying a clear balm prior to application, and loved it.


Aveeno Positively Ageless Skin Strengthening Lotion

I was literally out of travel size hand lotion, and quickly scanned the lotion isle for a miniature aveeno lotion. i almost never go wrong with any aveeno products. and this product was no different.

i generally use it after i wash my hands, as i do 1000x a day, and some times feel i do not need to reapply after a hand wash just with how moisturized my skin feels.

it smells great, very soft and moisturizing. the littlest bit spreads very evenly and covers greatly. it is not the least bit greasy. i absolutely love aveeno lotions <3




Here is a really cool picture of the sky as I was walking out of the drug store, doesn't it look pretty cool? I love the sky-- and since I am out far west of the city the majority of the time, I see the sky so much clearer as opposed to seeing it with all the city's polution blocking its beauty. Ahh.. soothing, isn't it? :)


That wraps up my quick drug store haul. Nothing special, just a few every day items. I really am interested in finding a good maximum coverage foundation. have any of my readers have any recommendations?

Thanks for reading !!

Rica xo

19 comments:

  1. I love the undies, they all look adorable and sexy! :) Great make-up purchases too, Revlon have so many amazing foundations, and I'm loving Aveeno at the moment as well, it works sooo good! :)

    Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog, I appreciate it a lot! I'm now following you too in GFC. <3 Would you like us to follow each other in BlogLovin too? :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tyour comment christine!! i absolutely loved your blog, and so glad we are following eachother. looking forward to future posts of yours!

      and yesss, aveeno and revlon are some of my favorite drug store brands. can never go wrong with aveeno products that is for sure! :)

      thanks again!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. i just bought the Maybelline falsies mascara :) i agree with you opinion. it being very volumizing and lengthening too! and its a bit harder to remove compared to the other maybelline mascaras that i have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment shayne!! i absolutely love maybelline's mascara line but the falsies and collossal are my favorite. i switch back and forth with each time after time. i love the length and colume, and think falsies adds both but reallllllly adds the volume which is why i also use loreal telescopic mascara for length as it has a comblike brush that REALLY gets each lash individually.

      thanks for your comment! would love tofollow each other :)

      Delete
  3. Cool items you got like telescope mascara works great.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jackie! i absolutely love using it for length and the falsies by maybelline for volume-- its the perfect combo for fabulous lashes! i dont do it every day as both are hard to get off and i dont like to do that much damage to my lashes-- but for those important nights-- oh i am in love <3 haaha

      thanks for your comment love! xo

      Delete
  4. aww i just love the lipgloss and sticks!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sarah! would you like to follow eachother? ill go follow you now :)

      Delete
  5. wow you got some great stuff! who knew walmart had such cute undies! and that photo of the sky you captured is amazing. Love your blog, so happy to have stumbled across it! And I am your newest follower =].

    Also, my friend is hosting a giveaway on her blog where you have the chance to win any one of my prints for free! They're cute and its worth an entry! Check out her fabulous blog here:: Take Hart Blog

    xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for your comment. I am, too, happy you stumbled across my blog as I checked yours out and would love to follow you! I'll get on it as soon as I am done leaving this comment.

      I was also surprised about Walmart's underwear selection. I actually realllllly like them! LOL The Sky was pretty fricken amazing too huh? My close friend lives out in Yorkville, IL which is about 40miles from the City of Chicago which means the pollution is pretty much non existent in this town and we see the sky soooo much clearer. I love it!

      Thanks again !!! xox

      Delete
    2. Oh and of course i will check out the giveaway-- can never go wrong with those, i love them!!

      Delete
  6. pretty cool indeed! i love ur stuff :) especially those panties! :) lol., anyways,thanx for dropping by on my blog., It's nice to know that we have thesame name, my full name is Rica Marie Lañojan., oh, following you back dear! :)
    xoxo
    Rica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I also am a Rica Marie! LOL I am puerto rican, and that's where its from.

      Thanks for your lovely comment! I too love those panties-- and cant get over the fact that they are from Wal-Mart!! LOL But you never know what you may find at the most oddest of places!

      Thansk for your comment love. I would love to follow each other. Look forward to future posts of yours!

      Rica xoxo

      Delete
  7. Really nice haul, i see you lovre nude lippies like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sabrina! i haven't visited your page in a while, thanks for commenting!!! ill go see what you have been up to! thanks again! xoxo

      Delete
  8. i love shopping at drug stores too!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fion, thanks for commenting! I would love to follow each other!? Let me know if so!

      I, too, love drug stores. You never know what great finds you may find! I think most of my "holy grail" products are from drug stores actually. Affordable, and good quality when you really research products.

      Thanks again for commenting!! xoxo

      Delete
  9. You got some pretty cute undies there! I once brought a few undies from walmart because I needed specific ones (nude) and they actually were really comfortable and lasted a long time. For some reason, I find the fit of wal marts underwear better than aerie's!
    The lip butters you got are really nice. I have a few of my own and I really love using them in the winter. they are so moisturizing.
    I have also used the revlon photoready concealer as well. I brought it specifically for a day where I had to take lots of pictures. I thought it would make me look really good, but the coverage was really light and my face felt oily.... it was not good!!

    Yes, the sky does look beautiful and ohh man you do have a lot of cars where you live! I am in kinda of the country side of Connecticut. (not like cows and farms everywhere, but no big buildings and mass amounts of people) which probably explains the lack of people on Black Friday! =)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, I was soo shocked to see no people in your background of your pictures. That is so funny because if you were in my town on Black Friday-- you would have gone CRAZY with how horrible it is. Many people do not leave their house even for errands or work because it is SO crazy out on the roads on that day.

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment and I am glad I am not the only one who did not have a good turnout with Revlon's Photoready foundation. Yuck-- never buying again!

      Thanks for stopping by beautiful xox

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate my readers, and love to check out their blogs! Please leave a comment with your blog link <3