Monday, December 26, 2016

forgetting the past & looking towards the future xx

 Hey there bloggers,

So i'm not where I want to be but thank GOD, I'm not where I used to be. I'm OK, and i'm on my way. && that makes me VERY content right now.

As I am waiting for the honey to get home from work, I turn on my TV to catch a few minutes of a program about the children of convicts on E! channel. I believe the message of this program was that you don’t have to follow in your parents’ footsteps. The program ended with the following comment made by one of the children: “It’s not where you come from… it’s where you choose to go.”

as I heard that comment, I was reminded of all the people who feel trapped in their present life due to their past. I’m sure there are many of you reading this today who feel like a prisoner because of your past. Well, I’m here to challenge that belief and reiterate the wisdom I heard on that TV program. So regardless of where you come from, the question really is… where are you choosing to go?

i know when it comes to letting go of the past, there are so many challenges that can arise from even trying to do so. But I wanted to point out at least a few reasons why i think you should just go for it, and see where it takes you!

reason #1: you SURVIVED.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. no matter what you have been through! if you are reading this, then you have survived your troubles! that should be a good enough reason to move on and make yourself a better person for the future. never let anyone bring you down and tell you that you should be sad over anything.

disclaimer: unfortunately, there have been some people who went through just as much as you went through and didn't make it out of the situation. i have not completely disregarded these people, so please don't consider me being ignorant that i assumed we all have survived each trial and tribulation because that is soo not the case..i am merely trying to point out that one should be glad and rejoice that he or she has made it to another stage in their life.

reason #2: resentment = more problems

Just face it. Nobody likes to be around a person who is always dwelling over the past. When you are just beginning to move on from any situation that may have happened to you and you make better situations worse by comparing them to your past. That is not the way to go. If you start to notice things are getting better, then take them for what they are. Do not try to nit-pick them and make them into bad situations when they are not. It is logical, that when you start to appreciate all the good around you and let go of resentment, that more good will follow for you.

reason #3: you're more than likely the ONLY person lingering on this.

I can almost guarantee someone, somewhere let this issue go a loooooong time ago. Usually, if you've had a bad experience with another person that caused you pain and betrayal, they do not hold the problem over their heads like you may. This is bad, because it may mean that they let it go and may have had indifferent emotions towards what you call pain. So, the best thing for you to do is to act indifferent towards it. If not, then it shows that the person still has some sort of power over you that you just cannot seem to let go. So, prove to yourself that you have complete control over your emotions. You are the only person that you may need to prove that to.

i hope all that makes sense. i know i should practice what i preach, but for some reason i have always been better at giving advice as opposed to listening to it. i seem to deal with this quite often myself. i'm going through a difficult time right now, but i am not dwelling on playing the victim role-- i am dwelling on the fact that i have SURVIVED. i have made it through the hardest part of this ordeal, and only the best is yet to come. what has been does not have to affect what could be, and i really have to let that seep through my brain. ;)

Thank you all for baring with me with this post. After all self reflection is the best way to move forward in life. I have been reflecting on my life quite a bit lately; and rather than feeling unfulfilled or upset with it, i realize life is a roller coaster. It is a roller coaster that I am sometimes very frightened by-- so much that i do not want to open my eyes at what is in front of me. As well as at other times I am opening my arms wide open ready to take in all that is coming my way. Either way it goes, this is a roller coaster I am NOT getting off any time soon.

Thanks for reading lovelies <3

Happiness is a state of being

If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse. Money will not bring you happiness. ...